These games can be a fun way to keep your dog mentally and physically fit during the cold of winter, as well as during rainy weather and the heat of the summer.
- Scent work: Place several containers or boxes upside down with a treat under one of them. Your dog will need to sniff out the treat and gets to eat its reward. You could also use a muffin tin and put several treats in some of the compartments, then cover them with tennis balls. Your dog will have to push the balls out of the way to win its prize.
- Interactive toys: You can play fetch with your dog down the hallway or up and down stairs.
- Play dates with other dogs
- Clicker training and obedience training: There are lots of videos available that teach owners and dogs new commands and tricks.
- Hide and seek or “find it”: You can hide an item (such as a toy) or you can even hide a person in another room
6. Running: Your dog can be slowly introduced to a treadmill (while supervised). Be sure to start at a very slow walking pace.
Coventry Animal Hospital wishes you & your canine companions lots of entertainment while they are cooped up. Happy playing!!!